Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- + Why Certify?
GYMCERT along with the USA Gymnastics University believes that the certification of gymnastics coaches through the GYMCERT System will produce the following favorable outcomes:
- Provide a better and safer environment for gymnastics athletes.
- Raise the standard of gymnastics coaches though out the USA.
- Provide accountability of gymnastic coaches and gyms.
- Lower the risk for insurance companies/carriers and thus lowering the liability insurance rates for gym club owners, recreational programs. YMCA's, USAIGC member clubs, USAG member clubs and other programs that offer gymnastics instruction.
- Cost savings for club owners by providing discounted rates offered through Snyder Insurance Agency, Ray Snyder Provides discounted insurance to GYMCERT Certified coaches and their gym owners). Contact S.I.S for more information.
- Give club owners some comfort in knowing that coaches with certifications from GYMCERT have taken courses toward continuing education in the field of gymnastics training and safety.
By providing the automated certification course via web-based training, coaches can obtain course materials, instruction, and may take the exams at their convenience and at their own pace. This saves everyone time and money that would have been spent taking time away from the gym, traveling to a seminar site, renting the venue, printing course materials, and hiring seminar leaders. More people will have access to the information as long as they have computer access with Internet connection. If the individual coach or their gym doesn't have this technology, every library has this technology available.
- + Why Recertify?
Every GYMCERT Certified coach must recertify every 10 years for Womens Artistics Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Safety Basics. This process ensures the standard of coaching stays consistent and allows for GYMCERT to deliver updates on new developments, ideas, trends and training tips that may evolve over time in gymnastics and safety awareness for the coaches of our sport.
- + How can I certify?
It depends on your membership status with Gymcert. First you must register, pay for the course, and take your first web-based training course and test. Courses are offered for Women's Artistic Levels 1, 2 & 3. You may study the manuals and Web Based Training materials for as long as you like. You will be able to take the examination as many times as it takes in order to learn that particular levels information. You will also be given the opportuity to take "Practice Test" so that you can test your knowledge by chapters so that you might be able to become familiar with the testing process.
- + What is the cost to become certified?
Level 1 with test is $49., Level 2 with test $49 and Level 3 is $49. If you purchase all three Levels a discounted rate of $105. is offered.
When you purchase a specific level, your knowledge will automatically be tested before you are allowed to enter the WBT or Manaul sections of GYMCERT, we do this for a few reasons. One, being to help you become familiar with our testing process and two, aiding you by identifying your particular strengths and weaknesses within a chapter/section.
- + How long is the certification good?
Every coach must be recertify every 10 years from their last certification and 4 years for Safety Basics.
- + What types of questions are on the exams?
Click here to view and take the practice test.
- + What is the difference between a certified coach and a master coach?
All coaches listed on this website are certified. A master coach has coached an athlete in the World Championships or Olympic arena. Proof of coaching level will be necessary along with the name of the athlete coached and the year you were credentialed as their coach You must have attended in the official capacity as their coach and represented a club that sent you.
- + Are there group rates available?
Yes, group rates are available for club owners to certify their staff members. Please contact us for more information on how we can meet your specific needs.
- + I am under 18; can I still get certified to become a coach?
You must be 14 years old to take a course and receive certification. Those between the ages of 14-17 receive a Jr. Coach status when successfully completing the test at the end of the intended course. Jr. Coaches work with the guidance of mentoring coaches and certification is encouraged for the best experience. A parent or guardian's credit card information is required to register for a class or to purchase other items from the store.
- + What if I have a question about your programs?
Feel free to email us and we will be more than happy to answer any of your questions. Click here for contact information.
- + Is a background check required for employment as a Gymnastics coach?